300 Words | Approximately 2 Minutes Read | Last Modified on March 3, 2020
Restaurant recommendations from Liz Nouel:
- Astoria Seafood: This restaurant is a hidden gem in Queens. You go in and pick any seafood you want and then you tell them how you want it to be cooked and they will do so. I totally recommend the grilled shrimps and calamari. Don’t forget to bring your own drink.
- Halal Guys in the city
- Arepa Lady in Jackson Heights
- Oceanic Boil in Jackson Heights: No worries about getting dirty, they provide you with gloves and a plastic bib.
- For authentic tacos any taco truck around Roosevelt Ave. from 79th St to 74th St will do. I recommend the one in the corner of 77th.
- For authentic Colombian, Jackson Heights is your spot (Pollos Mario at 81st St).
- If you are a bubble tea enthusiastic, the long line at Tiger Sugar in Flushing is totally worth it.
- Flushing is really good for authentic Chinese food. Totally go to the New World Mall Food Court that’s right across the street from Tiger Sugar. There are also a number of “hole in the wall” restaurant, eg if you search “miss lee flushing” on google and in the address pops up you will find a cluster of them in an old, semi-basement hall (But please be extra careful – foods there will definitely please your tongue but will also likely upset your stomach).